Access Bank Plc is a financial institution with presence in 9 countries in Africa and the United Kingdom and in all major cities in Nigeria. Also referred to as the Africa’s Bank of Best Practice, Access Bank operates on a platform of strong ethics, governance and professionalism.
Access Bank Plc is recruiting to fill the position of: Software Engineer. Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline with at least 4 years work experience
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer
- Develop and maintain the back end of the product.
- Gather user requirements, write code using an agile methodology, and continuously update the back-end code of the product.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, the development team and Scrum Master to develop, design, build and launch the product
Functions and Responsibilities
- Works closely with end-users to identify issues and captures business requirements
- Integrates user-facing elements developed by front-end developer with service side logic
- Translates business requirements into system design specifications
- Performs appropriate development and testing activities
- Optimizes the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Deploys regular releases in an agile approach
- Creates appropriate documentation as defined by the agile development methodology
- Works closely with business stakeholders and end users to develop an understanding of how the applications are used by the user teams being supported
- Designs and implements data storage solutions
- Maintains competency in the technologies related to responsibilities.
- Works on complex systems analysis and programming assignments with minimal supervision; expected to independently determine solutions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of back-end development experience
- IT certifications and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile or Kanban software development processes
- Proficient in back-end and front-end development
- Knowledge of platforms and tools, such as ASP.NET MVC 5, C#, sequel serve database, Visual Studio, and Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of source code control tools
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, and Pig, Cloudera, or large data warehousing initiatives
- Experience with systems deployed on Unix/Linux/Solaris environments
- Experience in developing applications in Windows based application
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that enables the team to fulfil requests within the desired SLA.
- Provide overall team guidance and fix all escalations
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!