Deadline: February 12, 2024
Applications are open for the GSMA Innovation Fund for Humanitarian Challenges 2024. As global humanitarian needs continue to rise, there is an increasing demand to respond with innovative, impactful and scalable solutions powered by mobile and digital technology. On 11 December, the GSMA opened the GSMA Innovation Fund for Humanitarian Challenges.
The Fund will provide grants as well as additional non-financial and technical support to projects that leverage mobile and digital technology to pilot and scale solutions that address humanitarian challenges in low- and middle-income countries. The specific objective of this new Fund is to test innovative use cases, partnerships, and business models that can improve access to sustainable digital-enabled solutions for those who are affected by – or vulnerable to – humanitarian challenges.
- Successful projects will receive a grant of between £100,000 and £250,000 to scale their innovation over a 15 to 18 month period.
- Open to for-profit small and growing enterprises (commercially viable start-ups, small and medium enterprises, and social enterprises with up to 250 employees).
- Delivering humanitarian solutions to low-income and vulnerable populations in countries that are eligible to receive official development assistance.
- Leverage digital technology, especially mobile, to deliver solutions.
- Be an existing entity registered and operating in the country of project implementation (whether domestic or foreign-owned, or a joint-venture).
- Be fully compliant with relevant business licensing, taxation, employee, and other regulations in all applicable countries of grant project operation.
- Be registered and have a bank account in the country where they will receive the grant money (if not the same as the project implementation country). This account must be capable of receiving GBP payments as all disbursements will be in GBP.
All applications to the Fund must be submitted in English. Applications cannot be edited once they have been submitted. Applications cannot be submitted after the deadline of February 12, 2024 23.59 UTC (UK time) and any drafts including personal details will be deleted after this time.
For more information, visit GSMA Innovation Fund for Humanitarian Challenges.