Deadline: January 10, 2024
Applications are open for the Global Health Corps Africa Fellowship 2024-2025. GHC welcomes young professionals from Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe to apply for paid 13-month fellowships with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia.
The GHC fellowship is an exciting opportunity to build skills and gain experience with a high-impact health organization, but it’s also much more than that. It’s a year that will catalyze your personal and professional growth as a leader, placing you within a global and diverse network of bright, young, and committed health equity champions. It is – they hope – the beginning of the rest of your career working towards equitable health systems.
In addition to the intensive leadership development and professional growth that the fellowship offers, the Global Health Corps fellowship includes:
- Living stipend
- Professional development funds
- Completion award
- Health Insurance
- Travel costs covered to and from GHC training and retreats
- Visa/Work permit
GHC arranges several logistical details on fellows’ behalf with the expectation that fellows will take ownership of their overall experience.
- Be 30 years of age or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, or Zimbabwe.
They are looking for a diverse group of high-potential leaders from every sector and professional background who bring the skills necessary to address critical health systems gaps and who embody our key leadership practices:
- Collaborative.: You value inclusion and collaboration across sectors, cultures, and borders of all kinds. You are ready to listen to and embrace others’ perspectives, even when they are different from your own.
- Committed to learning: You are willing to push yourself outside your comfort zone often (while practicing self-care). You are ready to approach a personally transformative year with integrity, humility, and self-reflection.
- Inspiring and mobilizing: You are ready to strengthen and use your voice — the most powerful tool for change that you have — in order to engage others, create space for critical conversation, and effect meaningful social change in global health.
- Committed to social justice: You are passionate about social justice in health and have both the patience and the motivation to engage in the hard, complex work of building just health systems.
- Adaptive and innovative: You are excited by a design-thinking approach to building a better world, creatively embracing problems and ready to embrace failure as learning.
- Results-driven: You bring your best self and are motivated to do the day-to-day work needed to bring about positive change in the global health equity movement.
Applications close on January 10, 2024 at 5pm GMT/ 6pm WAT/ 7pm CAT/ 8pm EAT. They encourage you to submit your application as soon as you can!
For more information, visit GHC Africa Fellowship.