Deadline: January 12, 2024
Applications are open for the Future of Film Africa Incubation Program 2024. Future of Film Africa is the result of a collaboration between Sèmè City and Future of Film, the world leader in cinematographic innovation. Their goal is to reveal and support the next generation of content creators, providing them with an exceptional opportunity to bring compelling and original stories to life.
Future of Film Africa, goes far beyond a simple incubation programme; It’s a unique creative adventure that combines the latest technology with innovative creative storytelling practices. They offer young creators an unparalleled experience to hone their talent, explore innovative production methods, and access a network of experienced mentors.
Supported by the World Bank, the program aims to equip participants with the skills to develop their project from concept to market-ready proposal, highlighting creative genius “made in Africa”.
The program is divided into two phases. The first is virtual including masterclasses, networking, and one-on-one development with Future of Film. Selected projects will also benefit from professional audience research tests. At the end of this phase, three projects will be chosen to continue in more advanced stages of the program, with more personalized support.
These final projects will have the opportunity to be presented to a panel of influential executives, financiers and buyers from the screen industries. The ultimate goal is to successfully fund the final projects and empower participants to build sustainable businesses based on their creations.
The program is taught in English, but the submission of projects in French or other languages is possible, as long as participants can complete the training modules and present their work in English.
- Access to global expertise: Benefit from mentorship sessions and masterclasses led by global experts in the screen industries.
- Full-project development: The program supports participants from the initial design of their project to the development of a market-ready proposal.
- International visibility: Attendees will have the opportunity to present their projects to a panel of influential executives, financiers and buyers from the screen industries.
- The program is open to a multitude of creative profiles, from 18 to 35 years old.
- Profile: filmmaker, photographer, vlogger, student, or simply passionate about creating multimedia content.
- Project format: Whether it’s an immersive virtual reality adventure, an exciting podcast, an impactful web series or a captivating video game, all original and daring projects are welcome.
- Project potential: Projects that can be deployed on multiple platforms and have high commercial potential will be prioritized.
- All ideas, big and small, are welcome, as long as they are original, with a clear and convincing reason for existing, as well as a defined audience.
NB: You can submit alone or as part of a team.
- Fill out the application form: Submit your application, highlighting the originality and commercial potential of your project.
- Attach a portfolio: attach any additional resources that illustrate your creativity and experience.
- Unleash your creativity: Express your passion for content creation through your application, demonstrating how your project stands out and makes a unique contribution to the world of storytelling and digital content production.
For more information, visit Future of Film Africa.