The Imperial College – UK is happy to offer full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a place at the institution. This scholarship opportunity provides up to 50 research students the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
- Applicants who apply before 5 November 2021 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 31 January 2022.
- Applicants who apply before 7 January 2022 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 31 March 2022.
- Applicants who apply before 18 March 2022 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 31 May 2022.
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Ph.D., Research
Number of Awardees: up to 50
Value of Imperial College President’s Ph.D. Scholarships:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of £21,800 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- A program of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School
Duration of Scholarship: up to 3.5 years
Eligibility: Interested applicants are advised to meet these criteria;
- Applicants must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first-class UK degree or equivalent.
- Applicants with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
- Applicants with degrees from overseas institutions should check with the relevant Admissions team if their scores/grades are equivalent to the scholarship entry criteria.
- Applicants must be International students
- Applicants must be proficient in English Language
Application Process: There is not a specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
- When prompted for a personal statement you must include a 2-page document, the first page a personal statement, and the second your research proposal. You may submit updated versions of this statement if required following application submission if your department shortlists you for the scholarship. You are encouraged to write in the first person and to avoid the use of gender pronouns.
- When prompted for the names of two academic referees, these should not include your proposed PhD supervisor. You are encouraged to share this guidance with your two referees, noting, in particular, the recommendation to use ‘they/them’ language (rather than gender pronouns).
- To be considered for the President’s PhD Scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
- You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!