Elifel Farms Limited came into existence in the year 2000. The farm is situated along upper saint savior road, benin city with corporate office located along upper sakponba road, benin city .
The Farm was set up to produce agricultural products efficiently, to market agricultural products economically and to develop and maintain a happy and satisfactory farm home for both crops and livestock.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Manager
We are in search of an experienced Poultry Farm Manager who can successfully make firm decisions and run our farm effectively whilst undertaking the following responsibilities:
- Raise layers from day old up to the end of laying cycle while achieving very minimal mortality and excellent egg production.
- Rear commercial broilers from day old till they are sold
- Ensure birds have access to adequate food and water
- Monitor the brooding house and loafing shed to Identify sick or injured birds / goats and engage the veterinary doctor to resolve this where required.
- Enforce proper bio-security standards when entering and exiting houses.
- Control brooding house lighting and temperature to meet bird needs
- Develop Standard Operating Practices for layer, boiler and brooding chicks management
- Provide leadership and supervision of the operation of Farm and staffs
- Prepare farm monthly and annual budgets as well as quarterly progress report
- Render Daily report of egg production and farm welfare
- Prepare monthly accounts (expenses, income)
- Keep track of vaccination schedules and ensure vaccination is carried out in a timely manner
- Manage the farms processes with the aim of maximizing production and quality
- Monitor the entire farm and equipment whilst ensuring timely repairs
- Ensure cleanliness of the entire farm including the brooding houses, loafing shed (goat house) and farm environment
- Manage the goats in line with the farms goat schedule
- Procure feed, ensure adequate record and count whilst taking note of reorder level
- Suggest monthly innovation that can be implemented on the farm based on industry trends
Qualifications and Skills Required
- English speaker with good communication skills
- Computer Literate and able to use basic Microsoft word, excel, email and Whatsapp.
- Degree / HND in Animal Sciences or agriculture related course
- Veterinary doctors with farm experience can also apply
- Previous experience in fishery farming is required
- Previous management experience in poultry farm, Palm Plantation is an added advantage
- The ideal candidate must be honest, reliable and should be able to manage all aspect of the farm without supervision.
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Remuneration range from N50,000 to N70,000 depending on experience (Remuneration is Payable 31st of every month)
- Accommodation is available in the Farm (only Applicants resident in Benin City or willing to relocate at no extra cost should apply)
- Farm produce and other products are given as incentives within the year based on management directive
- Monthly airtime allowance to be used for calls and data.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.