Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Country Business Development, Ghana
Ref No: R-108830
Job Type: Full time
- Mastercard’s Ghana business is a part of the West Africa cluster, headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. This is in turn part of our Sub Saharan Africa Division, which comprises a significant part of the African continent.
- Ghana is a key focus market for Mastercard and we offer a very wide spectrum of products and services to our partners here. The business is growing at very significant pace and we are looking for a business leader to lead the business into its’ next phase of growth
The Country Business Development Director for Ghana is responsible for developing Mastercard’s business in Ghana across all business lines. They provide leadership for the business in Ghana, which includes but is not limited to:
- Develop the three-year strategic plan and annual budgets for Ghana with support from Cluster, Divisional and Regional leadership. Drive product and ecosystem innovation to deliver competitive advantage for Mastercard
- Own and deliver the strategic and annual targets for the market in line with business objectives assigned by the business group, including Revenue, Consumer, expense and brand KPIs. Work with all support functions across marketing, product, customer delivery, legal & regulatory to deliver strategic and tactical activities in market.
- Manage all Customer, Employee, Government and Regulatory relationships in the country. Directly manage national accounts and, in partnership with members of the broader team, manage the Ghanaian instance of regional and global accounts.
- Responsibility for compliance with all internal and external regulations, including all regulatory, financial and audit standards.
- Lead the local entity in Ghana, as and when it is set up, and ensure it is managed in accordance with local corporate governance and management rules. Be the prime representative to local authorities and industry boards in line with the Corporate regulatory and public affairs strategy
- Have you ever provided leadership for a market, providing tactical and strategic direction?
- Are you ready to be the prime representative of MasterCard in Ghana?
- Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
- Analyze business opportunities and implement both long-term strategies and short-term tactics to increase revenues, market share of transactions and profitability.
- Strategically define and build business cases with well-articulated and financially sound business models to drive the MasterCard business
- Leverage all MasterCard assets and product management resources to deliver exceptional issuer/acquirer/merchant/partner value that drives customer & consumer brand preference for Mastercard.
- Work closely with Cluster, Divisional, Regional and Global resources to create market specific business plans through the provision of appropriate market intelligence and to take responsibility for the implementation of those plans.
- Interpret and assess available MIS to identify opportunities for product and ecosystem innovation
- Serve as a thought-leader and key spokesperson for Mastercard’s Ghana business, both internally and externally.
- Directly manage and be accountable any employees in Ghana.
- Take joint ownership with the West Africa & SSA Leadership team to deliver the overall SSA Division strategic plans and yearly budgets on all KPIs, including Revenues, New consumers, CIF etc.
- Be a key member of the West Africa Leadership Team
All About You
- Previous experience in taking end-end ownership for a business line, preferably in the financial services/technology/MNO/retail payments business
- Strong understanding of the payments value chain
- Strategy and business development experience
- Regulatory and Government engagement
- Strong management (people and projects), problem solving, analytical and organizational experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, extensive experience in communicating in international environments at senior management levels
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Exceptional business judgment and strategic planning skills
- Business Case development, including financial analytics; Budget preparation and management
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Business development & Sales management
- Revenue & Expense management
- Payments knowledge & thought leadership
- Business case design, evaluation and execution
- Solution orientation
- Results driven
- Team focused
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
- Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.