The ygap Kenya Accelerator Program helps ventures to refine and validate their business model, move towards financial sustainability, and grow the impact that they are having in their community. Ventures that complete the ygap Kenya Accelerator Program expand their ability to increase revenue, create employment opportunities, secure further investment, and make a real difference in the communities they operate within.
ygap believes that business is a powerful lever for change in the world. That’s why their Accelerator Program is designed to support locally-led, early-stage ventures focused on creating positive impact in their communities.
The ygap Accelerator Program helps these impact ventures to refine and validate their business model, move towards financial sustainability, and build on their ability to create change in their communities. Participants of this program will expand their network by joining a cohort of like-minded entrepreneurs, and will receive technical support and advice from our team of local experts that is tailored to the specific needs of their venture. We are committed to supporting the growth of locally-led impact ventures who have shown the drive, talent and conviction to create change in their own communities.
- The ventures selected begin by attending a capacity building bootcamp where their business models are strengthened, they meet cohort of like-minded entrepreneurs, and they are equipped with the tools they need to grow.
- After the bootcamp and after conducting a needs-assessment, our team of local experts provide ongoing accountability and business development sessions, strategic and operations coaching, masterclasses and webinars, access to financial support, on-site business development sessions, and brokered linkages to mentors, customers, advisors, and other players within the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Ventures that have already launched and are currently operational. In most cases, participating ventures must be formally registered and proof of this status will be required (unless this is not applicable to where your business runs).
- Ventures that are post-revenue and able to provide evidence of commercial transactions.
- Ventures that clearly recognise and desire the benefits and value of participating in the ygap program. ygap invests deeply in the ventures we support, and expect the same level of dedication and investment in participating in the ygap program.
- Ventures that have a social or environmental focus. Through the operation of the business, ventures must be working toward making their community, their city, or their country a better place.
- Ventures that are “local” to the issue they’re solving, intimately connected to their community, passionate and committed, and it for the long-haul.
- Ventures that have a unique element to their business. It could be a unique product or service offering, a unique production method, or a unique business model.
Ventures chosen for the ygap Accelerator Program will graduate with:
- A proven and validated Theory of Change
- Proof of product-market fit with a clear value-proposition for key customer segments
- A validated business model that verifies the desirability, the feasibility and the viability of the business
- Detailed financial statements including income statements and cash flow statements
- Proven growth traction demonstrated through data across key metrics
- A reasonable and viable 12-month growth plan with a clear plan of action, quarterly milestones and projections
they expect that ventures who complete the ygap Accelerator Program to increase their revenue, create employment opportunities and secure further investment, thereby making a real difference in the communities they operate within.
Deadline: 3rd February 2024.