CyberGirls Fellowship is a free 1-year fellowship program that equips girls and women aged 18-28 years old with globally sought-after cyber security skills, positioning them to start a career in cyber security and helping them to seize decent work opportunities within Africa and across the world.
The fellowship is designed to improve the socio-economic well-being of girls in Africa through training, mentorship and placement. During the one-year duration of this fellowship, you will be given hands-on cyber security training, become certification-ready, and possibly get paid internship/job shadowing opportunities.
The Cybersecurity Journey
The learning journey begins with cyber security fundamentals and moves on to more specialised niche cyber security learning paths which fellows will decide on midway through the fellowship.
- Cloud Security
- Critical Infrastructure Security
- Digital Forensics and Threat Intelligence
- Governance Risk and Compliance
- Incident Analysis/Response (SOC Analyst Level 1)
- Vulnerability Assessment and
- Penetration Testing
You can be a part of the fellowship if you;
- are a female aged 18 – 28 years old as of the commencement of the fellowship (March 25, 2024);
- are a citizen and resident of an African country and passionate about (starting a career in) cybersecurity;
- are proficient in English and have completed High school/Secondary school;
- can withstand the pressures of an intensive hands-on technical training;
- have access to the internet and are willing to devote fully to 8 months of intensive training;
- do not have a job in cybersecurity or possess a major cybersecurity certification that can land you one;
- are not participating in any similarly timed tech fellowship or boot camp.
Note: Individuals living with disabilities that do not impede their ability to use a computer are welcome to apply.
- The CyberGirls Fellowship Program is free. You will not be required to make any payments before admission or during the program.
- The Foundation covers visas, transportation, and accommodation for all compulsory out-of-country in-person convenings. While they can provide support in procuring visas for voluntary in-person convenings, fellows are responsible for covering any visa costs.
- Stage 1: Complete the application form
- Stage 2: Complete the Cybersecurity Essentials Course
- Stage 3: Complete the Identity Verification and Recommendation Form
- Stage 4: Personal Statement and Application Video Review
Deadline: December 11, 2023