The Afri Women Innovation (AWI) Grant is an EquiHER initiative that coheres with the United Nations SDG and aims to assist African women with promising business ideas or existing companies within Africa.
Regardless of whether it’s a tiny idea or a well-established business concept, they strongly advocate that even the smallest idea holds the potential to spark significant change, while a substantial idea can expand further.
Your business idea doesn’t need to be incredibly revolutionary; what truly counts is its power to bring about positive change for you and your surroundings.
Eligibility for participation
- Applicants should be female, aged between 18 and 50
- Citizenship from any of the 54 African countries is required
- Proficiency in English, French, or Portuguese is necessary for effective communication
- Applicants with business ideas must intend to implement their ideas within Africa
- For applicants with existing companies, operations must be active within Africa, and a female shareholder must hold a minimum ownership of 50% in the company
The 2023 AWI Grant encompasses entrepreneurship training, and mentorship, and offers financial backing of $5,000 to 500 women who hold citizenship across the African continent.
Deadline: December 31, 2023.