Nigerian Army Recruitment 2023/2024: How to Join the Ranks
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the process of joining the Nigerian Army through the 86 Regular Recruit Intake (RRI) for Non-Tradesmen and women. From application details to entry requirements, we’ve got you covered.
Joining the Nigerian Army is not just a career choice; it’s a commitment to serve and protect your nation. If you’re eager to embark on this patriotic journey, read on to discover everything you need to know.
Commencement and Deadlines
The Nigerian Army has officially begun the recruitment process for the 86 Regular Recruit Intake. The online registration period started on 25th September 2023 and will run until 10th October 2023. Don’t miss this critical window.
Nigerian Army Recruitment Portal 2023
To kick-start your journey, visit the Nigerian Army recruitment portal at recruitment.army.mil.ng. This portal is your gateway to becoming a part of the Nigerian Army.
Before diving into the application, ensure you meet the following prerequisites:
1. Citizenship and Identity
- Applicants must be single and Nigerian citizens by birth, possessing a National Identity Card/NIN slip.
2. Physical and Mental Fitness
- All applicants must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit according to Nigerian Army standards.
3. Clean Record
- Applicants must have no criminal convictions.
- Possess a valid birth certificate/age declaration endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital, or Local Government Council.
- Have a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Meet height requirements: not less than 1.68 meters for males and 1.65 meters for females.
- Age limits: 18 to 22 years for non-trades men/women, and tradesmen/women must not exceed 26 years at the time of application.
- Registered Nurses and Midwives should not be above 30 years old.
- Academic qualifications: At least four passes in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
- For tradesmen/women, a Trade Test/City Guild Certificate is necessary.
5. Required Documents
Make sure you have these documents ready:
- Birth certificate or age declaration
- Certificate of state of origin
- Educational certificates
- Passport photograph
- Printout of the online application form
- Guarantor Form
How to Apply
Follow these steps to complete your application:
- Go to the official Nigerian Army 86RRI recruitment portal at recruitment.army.mil.ng.
- Create an account using your full name and e-mail address.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Carefully read and follow the instructions.
- Click on “Apply Now” and enter your details accurately.
- You’ll receive an e-mail upon successful registration.
- Open the e-mail and click on the provided link to access the online application form.
- Fill in the form and attach your required credentials.
- Complete the application form, submit it online, and print a copy.
- Don’t forget to print and complete the Guarantor Form as instructed.
Once you submit your application, you cannot reverse the action. Be prepared to present copies of the application and guarantor forms at the designated state recruitment centers.
Joining the Nigerian Army is a noble pursuit. It’s a chance to serve your country with honor and dedication. Remember, this is your opportunity to contribute to both internal and external defense. Best of luck with your application, and stay focused on the path to becoming a proud member of the Nigerian Army!
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the Nigerian Army 86RRI recruitment portal open?
- The portal opened on 25th September 2023.
What is the deadline for applications?
- The deadline for all online applications is 10th October 2023.
What are the age requirements for non-trades men/women and tradesmen/women?
- Non-trades men/women must be between 18 and 22 years old, while tradesmen/women must not exceed 26 years at the time of application.
Can registered Nurses and Midwives apply, and what is their age limit?
- Registered Nurses and Midwives not above 30 years old may also apply.
What educational qualifications are required?
- Applicants must possess at least four passes in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB. Tradesmen/women must also have a Trade Test/City Guild Certificate.
If you have any more questions about the Nigerian Army 2023 recruitment, please feel free to ask in the comments below, and we’ll be happy to assist you.